Tasty Walks to discover Anaga and much more!
Santa Cruz has an overflowing natural beauty. To be discovered.
And today we want to invite you to do it in a different way.
The Anaga Rural Park, declared a
on June 9, 2015, has an area of 48,727.61 ha. Of which, 15,489.01 ha. are terrestrial and 33,238.6 hectares. are marine spaces. It is a show that feeds the senses. And within it, in its villages and hamlets, an impressive and delicious traditional gastronomic culture, based on local produce.
The km0 products of Santa Cruz.
Sustainable development is part of the daily life of traditional agricultural, livestock, fishing and handicraft activities.
The most emblematic products produced by the hamlets of Anaga are potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams, fresh cheese, honey and blackberry wine. Its orchard in general is spectacular, but not without complications due to the abruptness of the terrain to which the neighbors of the area are fully accustomed. But seeing the effort that goes into each harvest is impressive and adds even more value to these km0 products.
Tasty kicks not to be missed.
Many tasty hiking trails begin at Cruz del Carmen, in the municipality of La Laguna. If you decide to start there, we recommend that you visit the
Gangochera de Anaga
a multi-space where you can have a drink and shop for high quality local products.
Along the different routes, in any rural center you will find a place to eat delicious food. Within the selection of degusta Santa Cruz establishments, we recommend the following The Wave located next to the sea on the beautiful coast of Taganana. It offers food with a contrast of typical flavors of the land with a personal touch in a different, original and cozy atmosphere.
Don’t you just want to start walking and get there? First, let’s take a tour of some of the most emblematic routes of Anaga:
- The path of the senses From Cruz del Carmen depart 3 routes known as El Sendero de los Sentidos (The Path of the Senses) that run along an old royal road that linked the villages of Anaga with the city of La Laguna. All of them propose different experiences through smell, sight and touch to discover different elements of the environment.
- Cruz del Carmen – Llano Los Viejos | This trail, one of the oldest on the island, also begins its route in Cruz del Carmen, specifically to the right of the hermitage of Nuestra Señora del Carmen and advances about 30 meters along a forest track.
- Afur – Taganana A wonderful circular route that takes you through the bed of the ravine to the wonderful beach of Tamadite, skirts the hamlet of Taganana and returns to Afur…
- Las Vueltas – Taganana The path of Las Vueltas was, until very recently, the only means of communication between the village of Taganana and Santa Cruz and La Laguna. The route begins to the left of the Forest House.
- Igueste de San Andres – El Semáforo From Igueste de San Andrés begins the path of about 2 km long, mostly carved into the rock, which, ascending the Montaña de Las Toscas, leads us to El Semáforo.
- Chamorga – Igueste de San Andrés :: Chamorga – Igueste de San Andrés :: Chamorga – Igueste de San Andrés A route with ascents through the scrubland to the hamlets of La Cumbrilla and El Lomo de Las Bodegas. From there the descent is through an imposing landscape, along a zigzagging road, towards the neighborhood of Igueste de San Andrés.
And once in the area, who can avoid going to San Andrés “a echararse” some good battered squid in the
Bar los Churritos
some seafood gastronomy at the
Restaurant El Túnel
the Tasca El Asunto Los Parres or taste the cuisine of Carlos Villar at
La Posada del Pez
It will be a tasty kick, more than just a good time!
Fuente | webtenerife Imagen | Anastasia Saldatava para Unsplash